IT IS Friday, so that means all normal people are preparing for the weekend. Perhaps they will get together with family and friends. Many will have to work. If you have kids much of it will be spent taking them to sports and birthday parties. And then there is the homework to be done. Don’t start me on the homework.
If you are very lucky you will get to read the papers and if you are Matthew Parris you will see in print your 100th piece on the following theme: Jacob Rees-Mogg is an extremist, the Tory party should kick out the ‘hardliners’ and it will be end of days after Brexit. Still, at least Parris goes after legitimate targets – politicians and the like. That is fair game. Not so for the Hate Stream Media in the US.
It is the weekend so they are busy sniffing out their next target. It could be anyone, literally anyone, but given their record in the last two years chances are they will be Christian. And there is a 50/50 chance they will be Catholic. They could be high-profile people like a Supreme Court nominee and within 24 hours you could be reading reports that he is in fact a gang rapist. Or they could be a teenager who smiled when he shouldn’t have smiled and therefore within days his school is receiving death threats.
So here are some tips for the Hate Stream Media:
1. If a story presents itself that ticks all your prejudices i.e. white, Catholic boys are racists, do some journalising. You know, check the facts. Chances are the 20 seconds of tape you saw is not the whole story.
2. Blue tick hate mob (those who are still not consumed with their own hatred). Not everyone is a racist. And wanting people to be racist is a bit weird. Maybe you should ask yourself why you want people to be racist? And while you are thinking about that, sleep on the story you desperately want to be true. Just give it 24 hours.
3. Conservatives. Don’t tweet at all. It’s the weekend. You are conservative so you should have family and friends to spend time with. And if you must tweet, don’t swallow what the hate stream media are feeding you just so you can suck up to the last two Leftie friends who are willing to talk to you. That’s pathetic.
4. Catholic conservatives, especially priests. You are supposed to be the shepherds of your flock. Do you remember that part? Now tell me, where in the Bible does it say Jesus wanted to get in with the Romans so badly that he actually said, Sod this, I am going to feed my flock to the wolves? Because that is what you are doing when you side with the Leftist media over your own Catholic youth. You might as well be feeding the Christian kids to the lions, one by one. Don’t do it.
5. Still with the Catholic priests here. It’s the weekend. Don’t you have a homily to write? Don’t you have some confessions to hear? Don’t you have Mass to say? What on earth are you doing on Twitter anyway?
Just some handy tips.