Belinda Brown: Some hard truths about rape

TCW regular contributor Belinda Brown has written this article for The Daily Mail entitled: "There's nothing pro-women about telling girls who can't remember the night before to cry rape"

You can read it in full here.

Belinda Brown

  • The reason that I continue to scan the Mail is that occasionally it will produce an article that lucidly argues against the insanity that currently prevails in Britain. This is one such article.

    • 5th column traitors

      You think it’s become insane here! Try America. There the insanity is about to hit epic proportions. I recently had the displeasure of living there for a while and they are truly at a point where it is almost open warfare between the genders, religions, straights and gays as well as blacks v whites v hispanic v everyone. The place is a raving looney bin and it’s getting worse….and it’s coming here.

      THIS is the virus that is spreading globally and will eventually cause the total destruction of modern civilisation. A virus of entitlement madness.

  • Fabian_Solutions

    Here’s an idea.

    Instead of telling women to behave and dress “appropriately”.

    Why don’t we teach men and boys not to f***ing rape – instead of victim-blaming?

    • simonstephenson

      How do you define “rape”? As it used to be? Or as the feminists wish it to be?

      Only then will we know whether or not what you are seeking to “teach” men and boys is something that is acceptable to the majority of people, or merely a device for the wrecking of Western society dreamt up by Leftists, and put into operation by their feminist wing.

      • Fabian_Solutions

        Are you seriously ignorant about this? Rape is a man having sex with someone (usually a woman) without her consent. It’s not a grey area. The law is very clear about what constitutes rape and consent.

        Rape is rape. OK?

        • Tricia

          You are talking nonsense again. When you have sex with your partner, does he ask for your consent every few minutes?
          As a woman you make choices and decisions. Drink makes you susceptible to wrong choices, agreeing to go to bed with a man makes you susceptible if you do not know them well. Walking home alone late at night puts you at risk – take a taxi.
          I am a woman, I am not a cringing victim of any man. I come from a long line of strong, feisty women, but I use my head and accept my decisions as being mine. If someone goes freely into a bedroom with a man, blind drunk they must accept their culpability – It is NOT rape.

          • Fabian_Solutions

            “If someone goes freely into a bedroom with a man, blind drunk they must accept their culpability”

            Are you actually victim-blaming?

          • simonstephenson

            No one is being “blamed”, but responsibility for events is a spectrum, not a binary yes/no. If you keep your savings in a glass jar outside the back door, then if someone comes along and steals them you are not entirely without responsibility for what has happened.

          • I think you’ll find that Tricia is blaming irresponsibility. You seem to expect men to behave responsibly – why not women?

          • Groan

            A very good point. In English law currently only a male can rape . However males and females can commit a range of sexual offenses that hinge on consent. If a man and woman are both drunk why do we assume only the woman can be incapable ? Surely the inebriated male may find himself having been “done to” . Our attitudes if no the letter of the law appears still to be mired in Victorian notions of fragile damsels . Odd one doesn’t see modern feminists challenging this idealisation of the female as weak and pure . For it was this idea that led to the raft of mid Victorian legislation removing the possibility of consequences for women by preventing them doing anything risky.

          • Groan

            And what if he is blind drunk at the same time ? Or actually more drunk than she? Who is consenting to who?

          • Fabian_Solutions

            Whom.

          • ThisIsTwentyFifteen

            “Whom”? That’s all you can manage?
            You choose to focus on a minor point of grammar instead of addressing the fundamental question that Groan raised, because you can see that your argument is full of holes.

          • simonstephenson

            Leftists don’t answer questions, fundamental or otherwise. They’re too busy lecturing the unenlightened ones amongst us about the error of our ways.

          • Tricia

            No. I am saying they Are NOT a victim. They have to take responsibility for their actions in going into the bedroom in the first place. If they were walking down the street and dragged into an alley, it would have been out of their control and therefore it is rape and they are a victim of an attack.

          • KjempInari

            They are an adult and are as responsible for their actions while drunk as they are if they were sober.

            Or do you claim that alcohol turns women into helpless children who cannot be held responsible for their own actions and choices, if that is the case then drunk women should have the same protections and lack of agency as underage children.

            You choose to drink, nobody forces you to imbibe at gunpoint. Choices have consequences.

            But like all feminists you want freedom without responsibility.

          • 5th column traitors

            She is saying people have a responsibility for their actions. If you get blind drunk then kill someone in a pub brawl or by drunk driving…guess what: you are RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS

          • 5th column traitors

            Spot on. You are someone who is clearly eminently sensible, very intelligent, and capable of being RESPONSIBLE. Something that is dearly missing from many people today.

          • Fabian_Solutions

            No, you’re wrong there.

          • 5th column traitors

            “No, you’re wrong there.” your favourite non-answer.

            Guess what: Just stating your opinion doesn’t make it fact.

        • simonstephenson

          Consider this. Would, for example, Ched Evans have been prosecuted for rape under the legislation that was in place 20 years ago? If not, then I am asking you to clarify whether you are taking the current understanding of rape as what you would “teach” men and boys not to do, or the understanding of rape as it was 20 years ago.

          It’s a simple question – why are you unwilling to answer it?

        • Earthenware

          “Rape is rape. OK?”

          No. it isn’t.

          If you seriously think that a pervert dragging a schoolgirl into the bushes is the same as a drunken girl regretting her actions the following morning then you really need to think carefully about this.

          • Fabian_Solutions

            You’re making the same error as Richard Dawkins, whose remarks were condemned as “extremeley offensive” by the End Violence Against Women Coalition:

            http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10998498/Richard-Dawkins-in-storm-over-mild-date-rape-tweets.html

            There is no such thing as “mild” rape. ALL rape is a heinous crime and men who rape deserve to be punished with the full severity of the law.

          • Earthenware

            “ALL rape is a heinous crime”

            Indeed it is. The problem here is that you seem unable to tell when it’s rape and when it’s not.

        • ThisIsTwentyFifteen

          Rape is anybody having sex with anybody without their consent.

          There are many ways to force someone to have sex against their will. And a lot of those methods are more available to women than men.

          • simonstephenson

            I think we should be aware that the initiating force behind the modern feminist agenda regarding rape is as little to do with protecting women as carbon emission policy is about global warming. The primary objective of both these campaigns is to hamper, obstruct and destabilise Western market-based societies, and the Big-State Left that is behind them know perfectly well that this is what it’s all about.

            I urge people not to fall into the trap of thinking the Left to be sincere about their publicised concerns – because they’re not. Their “concerns” are false fronts behind which they are able to promote policies which are disruptive and unhelpful to the status quo.

          • Digger52

            Dear Simon .. please get some psychiatric help before you do some real harm outside this website for misogynists.

          • simonstephenson

            Does exposing the Left for what they actually are equate to being a misogynist these days? As well as being a Fascist, presumably. And a racist, perhaps.

            Keep at it!

          • Agreed. What I find particularly odd about the Left’s current position is that it embraces so many spurious causes (gay marriage, anyone?) that are counter-intuitive to its traditional position of collective strength. Small wonder that the divide between the 1% and the rest of us is growing when the 99% permit themselves to be distracted by confected in-fighting.

          • Fabian_Solutions

            Rape is defined in law as penetration by the penis. Therefore by definition it cannot be committed by a female.

          • William Gruff

            Nutjob_Kate / Toots wrote:

            My brain is in my vagina and I think, with difficulty, by rubbing my clitoris very fast.

            All that is needed is a slight amendment to the law, Toots.

          • Vera

            I seem to remember some years ago a woman was found guilty of rape

          • Fabian_Solutions

            No, you’re wrong there.

          • Vera

            I’m not. I did wonder how it was done, but she was convicted of kidnap and rape.

          • Andy
          • Vera

            I hadn’t seen these cases, I was thinking of Joyce McKinney.

          • Vera

            I’m wrong, she was charged with rape and kidnap but not convicted because she did a runner. She was Joyce McKinney and he was a Mormon missionary.

          • William Gruff

            I cannot be the only regular reader here who roars with laughter when reading your nonsense. ‘No, you’re wrong there’ is my favourite.

            Keep it up sweetie, you’re a hoot.

        • Vera

          You seem to be obsessed with rape. As a proportion of cases per population it is surely not that prevalent that women must fear it on a daily basis. Most women don’t give rape a thought. They are sensible without giving it too much thought about the risks they take, the clothes they wear, the routes they take at night, the people they approach, and they don’t assume that every man wants to rape them.

        • 5th column traitors

          “Rape is a man having sex with someone (usually a woman) without her consent.”

          Very, very revealing, because…

          NO IT ISN’T . It is ANYONE having sex with someone without their consent. It is NOT gender specific even if you would clearly like it to be.

          • Fabian_Solutions

            No, you’re absolutely wrong there.

            Rape is defined in law as penetration by the penis. Therefore by definition it cannot be committed by a female.

            “”A person commits rape if they intentionally penetrate the v*gina, an*s or mouth of another person with their penis without consent.”

            http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Definitions/1400008450549/1400008450549

          • 5th column traitors

            Oh yes I forget…women can do no wrong.

          • Fabian_Solutions

            Just stting the facts. Sorry if you don’t like it, but it’s the law. Deal with it, little man.

          • 5th column traitors

            “Just stting the facts. Sorry if you don’t like it, but it’s the law. Deal with it, little man.”

            Really? Personal insults already? You must be a very insecure and unhappy person and I pity you.

          • Phil R

            In another blog she claimed she has a male “partner”….

            Just imagine for a moment the poor guy’s life………

          • 5th column traitors

            Maybe she’s a dominatrix and has him tied up in a gimp mask while forcing him to do the housework?

          • Phil R

            We know the type of guy, they seem to be everywhere.

            The poor man tries to please her by behaving like a woman.

            What men don’t get is that women may like them as a friend or “partner”, but for sure they certainly do not fancy men who behave like women.

            That is why these female-men are always called partners. So many men are now trying to be women, but it not good for men or women.

            Women want a man to behave like man and to treat her and love her as a woman.

          • William Gruff

            Isn’t is more likely that she hasn’t, yet fantasises about that?

          • William Gruff

            Nutjob_Kate / Toots wrote:

            Deal with it, little man.

            Did you learn to say that at some assertiveness class for neurotic women plagued by gropers on public transport?

    • Groan

      I do agree men do need to be told how easily they can fall foul of the recent ( well decade) law. Frequently men will be at risk of serious consequences if they don’t know their sexul partner’s post coital regrets could get them arrested. I think people still labour under the misapprehension that Rape is still about a concerted assault with violence . It is still a surprise to me that there are still only a couple of thousand prosecutions each year with the net cast so wide. In a population of tens of millions this is good news indeed , that there are so few occasions where sex without consent occurred. Especially with the full force of the criminal justice system dedicated to driving up the statistics for a decade. So much so that we prosecute when the sex happened in the 1960s.

    • Nockian

      Its not even about rape is it Fabian Solution?

      It’s about getting rid of men and feminising the world. Trouble is women aren’t really any different, they have been fighting proxy battles and wars with men as those who must do the fighting and if necessary, the dying.

      If you sport the label of a feminist then you are supporting violence. You are trying to get a privilege by force, by using men’s natural tendency to protect you against them and shut them up. Close down the voice of men and make them the patsy in your victim hood. You want equality on your terms you do not want parity between men and women.

      Thank heavens there are women who see through your violent oppressive rhetoric. You won’t drown us all out FS, we are waking up now.

      • ThisIsTwentyFifteen

        ^^ THIS ^^

      • Fabian_Solutions

        “feminist then you are supporting violence”

        I don’t know any Feminists who support violence. On the contrary we oppose violence – which, it must be said, men are mostly responsible for. Very few violent crimes are committed by women against men.

        • 5th column traitors

          “On the contrary we oppose violence – which, it must be said, men are mostly responsible for. Very few violent crimes are committed by women against men.”

          Utter and total rubbish. Females are just as capable of and just as often are violent. Indeed more violent drunken crimes are now committed by young (your “Millennial”) women than young males.

          Read this (although i doubt you will)

          http://www.podology.org.uk/#/increasing-female-crime/4556339412

          To save you the trouble here’s a snippet:

          “In 2009 10 ‘Ladettes’ were detained in police custody every hour for some form of violent crime, this was an all time record in police accounts. 88,139 women were arrested for violence over the course of 12 months; this is nearly 250 women arrested per day, resulting in a massive increase of nearly 1000 than a year earlier, whereas astonishingly the number of men arrested fell by 10,000. 2009 is the second straight year that women are more likely to commit a violent crime that any other offence.”

        • Nockian

          Here is some news you probably missed. Men, are expected to be the strong, silent type that don’t cry and are embarrassed to admit to being battered. Women consider female on male attacks to be inconsequential – even you said ‘man up’ which is entirely indicative of your dual standards.

          When it’s female on male then the man should ‘man up’ and take it according to you, but you don’t ascribe that women should ‘women up’.

          This should come as a surprise to you:

          http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/women-are-more-violent-says-study-622388.html

          If you are really honest in your approaches to parity and peace, then you will condemn the female violence as well as male.

          • Mr_Twister

            Honest…Fatuous_Delusions…aaaaahhhhh ha ha ahz

        • DollarPound

          The problem is that when women commit violence, you refuse to see it as violence.
          I’ve been assaulted at work by a woman. I didn’t complain, because I knew I wouldn’t be taken seriously. I would just be told to “man up”.
          I presume you look on abortion as your right, too, rather than an act of violence?

    • Bogbrush

      Because men don’t, as a group, require training.

      It is absurdly offensive to suggest that me, my sons or my brothers require training to avoid us raping women. You have done this before. You need to moderate your language and behave as you’d expect others to behave toward you.

    • ThisIsTwentyFifteen

      Nobody taught me not to rape. I didn’t need teaching. And I haven’t raped anyone.

      You are judging the whole by the extreme.

      • William Gruff

        She’s judging no one by any yardstick; she’s fantasising.

      • Laura

        unfortunately all cultures are not the same

        • DollarPound

          Fabian solutions made no distinction between cultures in her original comment. She simply referred to “men”.

    • Andy

      Here’s another idea.

      Lets abolish all anonymity in rape and abuse cases. Shine forth the light of common day.

      Oh, and here is another idea.

      Any case where the allegation of rape is found to be false the accuser is automatically prosecuted for perverting the course of Justice and wasting Police time.

      • Fabian_Solutions
        • William Gruff

          Nutjob_kate / Toots wote:

          >the usual feminist drivel deleted<

          Actually, Toots, the number of false rape accusations has been put at 90% of those reported, and that by a woman police officer.

          • Fabian_Solutions

            Source please.

          • William Gruff

            Nutjob_Kate / Toots wrote:

            Source please.

            You desperately need a new script sweetie.

        • Andy

          So the woman who falsely and maliciously accused William Roache of rape and sexual offences has been prosecuted for Perverting the Course of Justice ? Has this liar been named ??

          ONE false accusation of rape is ONE too many. We need to make sure that those who falsely accuse are severely punished.

          • Fabian_Solutions

            Are you an MRA, by any chance?

          • Andy

            People like you need to be opposed. Like I said the evil woman who falsely and maliciously accused William Roache has not been prosecuted as she should be. People like you, who cheer on the rape accusing industry, need to learn that it is not a free lunch. If you falsely accuse you need to be punished and your reputation trashed like you trashed an innocent persons reputation.

          • Mez

            There already is a law Andy, and I’m sure William Roach is capable of making use of it

          • Fabian_Solutions

            Good point Mez. I’m glad you’re here to support me against the MRAs who are posting their usual offensive drivel.

          • Andy

            Actually you are wrong. Because the woman falsely and maliciously accused Roache to the Police and in Court that is privileged and is immune from action in the Courts by Roache. Nor are the press liable for reporting Police statements or what happened in Court. However, if the woman had made the allegations to a newspaper journalist and this could be proved that would be actionable. Only the CPS can take action and as we see under Saunders they don’t do so. They should automatically.

      • William Gruff

        I disagree. All parties to a rape allegation should be anonymous until a verdict is declared, at which point the guilty party is named. There should be a specific crime of making a false allegation of rape or sexual assault and those who make false allegations of rape or sexual assault must be given the punishment that would have been handed to their victims had the false accusers been successful in their attacks.

        I would expect automatic life imprisonment for women who are found to have made serial false allegations.

        • Andy

          Well of course the Police and the Fem-Fascists would argue that you have to name the man because that encourages others whom he has obviously raped to also come forward. Of course that cuts both ways – the woman should be named so others whom she has falsely and maliciously accused can also come forward.

          The problem with rape cases, and also child abuse cases, is that anyone can come forward and accuse anyone of anything with impunity. Judging by the nonsense we have recently seen, which the Police deemed ‘credible and true’ on the basis of nothing at all, too many people are having their reputations ruined by cranks. This is because the authorities will not prosecute those who make false claims and if this was automatic (or people like Harvey Proctor could take action at public expense for deformation) I feel sure half this nonsense would cease. I’m afraid I’m not interested in abuse claims from 1873, but I am deeply concerned about those girls who will be abused this evening in places like Rotherham and Rochdale. Pity the Police do not seem to share my concern.

          • 5th column traitors

            ” but I am deeply concerned about those girls who will be abused this evening in places like Rotherham and Rochdale. Pity the Police do not seem to share my concern”

            Wrong sort of abuser I’m afraid. Not on their list of “Priorities”

    • DollarPound

      Your ideology will fail, like all the ideologies of the past.

      It is built on hate.

      Hate oozes from every word you say.

      • Fabian_Solutions

        No, you are the hater. Feminism means equality between the genders – how is that hateful?

        And we Feminists are winning. We are growing more powerful daily. History is on our side, on the side of progress and social justice. You will lose.

        • William Gruff

          Nutjob_Kate / Toots wrote:

          We are growing more powerful daily.

          I am woman, hear me roar?

          Miaow.

          Saucer of milk Toots?

          • Fabian_Solutions

            You’re making a fool of yourself. You wouldn’t dare speak to any woman in like that face to face, would you?

          • William Gruff

            Nutjob_Kate / Toots wrote:

            You’re making a fool of yourself. You wouldn’t dare speak to any woman in like that face to face, would you?

            1) Claiming that I’m making a fool of myself is ironic, given your record here of insanity.

            2) You ought to have learned by now that I’m impervious to female ridicule.

            That aside, why wouldn’t I ‘ dare speak to any woman like that face to face’? What terrible power is it you think women have?

        • Nockian

          No, it means equality on your terms in all the ways women are not equal to men, but not in the ways that men are not equal to women.

          It was women who were giving the white feather out to men for being cowards and refusing to fight and die in the First World War. It was expected that men should defend women and children and to die if necessary. It is women and children first to the lifeboats. Men are expected to keep their families safe and fed. Men’s health is a low priority compared to women. Young women earn proportionately more than men. Education is steered towards women and now we have women being promoted over men to satisfy quotas and not merit. Men also get raped, but you don’t campaign against that-that’s just men’s stuff so sod ’em.

          • Fabian_Solutions

            You are still a white male and therefore a member of the most privileged group in society. Check your privilege, man up and stop being such a whingeing, whining wimp.

          • DollarPound

            Describe the specific major challenges I have faced in my life.

          • Fabian_Solutions

            Here are just some of the privileges you enjoy as a man:

            1. Your odds of being hired for a job, when competing against female applicants, are probably skewed in your favour. The more prestigious the job, the larger the odds are skewed.

            2. You can be confident that your co-workers won’t think you got my job because of your sex – even though that might be true.

            3. If you are never promoted, it’s not because of your sex.

            4. If you fail in your job or career, you can feel sure this won’t be seen as a black mark against your entire sex’s capabilities.

            5. You are far less likely to face sexual harassment at work than your female co-workers are.

            6. If you do the same task as a woman, and if the measurement is at all subjective, chances are people will think you did a better job.

            7. If you’re a teen or adult, and if you can stay out of prison, your odds of being raped are relatively low.

            8. On average, you are taught to fear walking alone after dark in average public spaces much less than your female counterparts are.

            9. If you choose not to have children, your masculinity will not be called into question.

            10. If you have children but do not provide primary care for them, your masculinity will
            not be called into question.

            11. If you have children and provide primary care for them, you’ll be praised for
            extraordinary parenting if you’re even marginally competent.

            12. If you have children and a career, no one will think you’re selfish for not staying at home.

            13. If you seek political office, your relationship with your children, or who you hire to take care of them, will probably not be scrutinized by the press.

            14. Your elected representatives are mostly people of your own sex. The more prestigious and powerful the elected position, the more this is true.

            15. When you ask to see “the person in charge,” odds are you will face a person of your own sex. The higher-up in the organization the person is, the surer you can be.

            16. As a child, chances are you were encouraged to be more active and outgoing than your sisters.

            17. As a child, you could choose from an almost infinite variety of children’s media featuring positive, active, non-stereotyped heroes of your own sex. You never had to look for it; male protagonists were (and are) the default.

            18. As a child, chances are you got more teacher attention than girls who raised their hands just as often.

            19. If your day, week or year is going badly, you need not ask of each negative episode or situation whether or not it has sexist overtones.

            20. You can turn on the television or glance at the front page of the newspaper and see people of your own sex widely represented.

          • DollarPound

            You seem to know my life remarkably well!

            1. Your odds of being hired for a job, when competing against female applicants, are probably skewed in your favour. The more prestigious the job, the larger the odds are skewed. I work longer hours, am willing to travel further to work, and do riskier jobs. Al of my female relatives are retired or working part time.

            2. You can be confident that your co-workers won’t think you got my job because of your sex – even though that might be true. My female boss was promoted because of her sex. My female co-worker got a grant because of her sex.

            3. If you are never promoted, it’s not because of your sex. See 2 above.

            4. If you fail in your job or career, you can feel sure this won’t be seen as a black mark against your entire sex’s capabilities. If I fail in my job or career, I will be seen as a deadbeat who cannot provide for his wife and family.

            5. You are far less likely to face sexual harassment at work than your female co-workers are. I am also far more likely to face an accusation of sexual harassment.

            6. If you do the same task as a woman, and if the measurement is at all subjective, chances are people will think you did a better job. Do you have any proof of that? When has that happened to me?

            7. If you’re a teen or adult, and if you can stay out of prison, your odds of being raped are relatively low. I am far more likely to be accused of any crime. If convicted, I am far more likely to receive a harsher sentence.

            8. On average, you are taught to fear walking alone after dark in average public spaces much less than your female counterparts are. When have I walked alone in dark public spaces?

            9. If you choose not to have children, your masculinity will not be called into question. If I protest about feminism, my masculinity will be called into question – see your “man up” response above.

            10. If you have children but do not provide primary care for them, your masculinity will not be called into question. If I have children, I will be expected to sacrifice my experience of all their major early milestones to do a job I hate in order to provide for my partner. If I refuse, my masculinity will be called into question.

            11. If you have children and provide primary care for them, you’ll be praised for extraordinary parenting if you’re even marginally competent. If I have children, it will be my partners’ choice whether I get to see them at all.

            12. If you have children and a career, no one will think you’re selfish for not staying at home. If I want to stay at home, I will be told I am a deadbeat dad.

            13. If you seek political office, your relationship with your children, or who you hire to take care of them, will probably not be scrutinized by the press. If I seek political office, I cannot get it via a shortlist that is formally restricted to members of my own gender.

            14. Your elected representatives are mostly people of your own sex. The more prestigious and powerful the elected position, the more this is true. My elected representatives are elected primarily by women, who form the majority of the population.

            15. When you ask to see “the person in charge,” odds are you will face a person of your own sex. The higher-up in the organization the person is, the surer you can be.How does that grant me any privilege at all?

            16. As a child, chances are you were encouraged to be more active and outgoing than your sisters. As a child, I was taught my gender would become obsolete.

            17. As a child, you could choose from an almost infinite variety of children’s media featuring positive, active, non-stereotyped heroes of your own sex. You never had to look for it; male protagonists were (and are) the default. As a child, every time I expressed weakness I was told not to be such a baby.

            18. As a child, chances are you got more teacher attention than girls who raised their hands just as often. No. As a child, my feminist teachers taught me to be ashamed of my gender.

            19. If your day, week or year is going badly, you need not ask of each negative episode or situation whether or not it has sexist overtones. Niether to I attribute it to sexism when it might not be due to sexism.

            20. You can turn on the television or glance at the front page of the newspaper and see people of your own sex widely represented. I can turn on the TV to see my gender mocked in advertisements and demonised in dramas.
            You know nothing about my life experience. Nothing at all.

          • 5th column traitors

            She’s just a sad, miserable, unhappy, moaner who think’s she’s seen it all done it all and been it all when in actual fact her life “experiences” are more than likely restricted to the propaganda she hears spewed by her ultra leftwing, socialist idols.

            The real slow and painful death of western society will be because so many “millennials” and later seem to think the world owes them in every aspect.

          • William Gruff

            1. Your odds of being hired for a job, when competing against female
            applicants, are probably skewed in your favour. The more prestigious the
            job, the larger the odds are skewed.

            2. You can be confident that your co-workers won’t think you got my job because of your sex – even though that might be true.

            How do you explain this then?

            http://freedomforce.com/6569/sources-generals-decided-long-before-ranger-school-that-a-woman-will-graduate/

          • Fabian_Solutions

            Is that really the best you can come up with?

          • Mr_Twister

            It’s better than ANYTHING you’ve ever come up with… have you ever come?

          • William Gruff

            Nutjob_Toots wrote:

            You are still a white male and therefore a member of the most privileged group in society. Check your privilege, man up and stop being such a whingeing, whining wimp.

            You desperately need a new script Toots, and to wake up and smell the coffee as they say over there. Men cannot be coerced by childish shaming language. Young boys brought up by inadequate single mothers and misandrous female teachers yes but grown men with a sense of self no.

            You’re such a traditionalist, and clearly not interested in any state approaching genuine sexual equality. You’re either a precocious and immature twelve year old or an embittered and atrophied old maid.

            Keep it up Toots, you’re a hoot.

        • DollarPound

          Feminism means equality does it? Is that why Julie Bindel can use the Guardian newspaper to call for men to be placed in concentration camps and taken out like library books by their female relatives?

          Show me where there is any man saying anything so hateful about women in a national newspaper.

          There is no such example.

          Give me an example of where a feminist has ever called for a reduction in the privileges of women so that they become equal to men in that particular field. (For example, in the amount of money spent on cancer screening programs).

          There is no such example.

          For someone who claims to be so mindful of history, you don’t seem to have learned much from the twentieth century, and the moral depths we sink to when we judge an entire group of people on the basis of a single shared characteristic.

          • Fabian_Solutions

            Ms. Bindel was joking.

            But it’s telling that you find Ms. Bindel’s tongue-in-cheek remarks more offensive than the FACT that 1 in 4 women will be beaten up by a male partner during their lifetimes.

            Or by the FACT that women are still paid only 78% as much as men – for the SAME work.

          • morbidfascination

            Source for the 78%?

          • William Gruff

            There is no source. The figure was arrived at by taking the estimated total average earnings of women over a shorter working life and a longer lifetime and comparing them with the same for men, without any consideration of contributory factors such as part-time work, skill level, career choice (you’d expect a man working on a oil rig to earn a lot more than a woman working in the public sector for instance) hours worked, maternity leave, earlier retirement, absenteeism (women tend to have much higher rates of absenteeism than men), or actual productivity while doing ‘the same job as a man’.

            There are very few roles in which a woman does the same job as a man and many where women are paid the same for doing far less.

          • William Gruff

            Nutjob_Toots wrote:

            ‘ … it’s telling that you find Ms. Bindel’s tongue-in-cheek remarks more
            offensive than the FACT that 1 in 4 women will be beaten up by a male
            partner
            … ‘

            It’s telling that you equate a grossly exaggerated figure arrived at through an absurdly broad definition of ‘abuse’ with brutal physical violence on the part of males to females and completely disregard brutal female on male violence, which is at least as prevalent a problem and often far more damaging.

            That you persist in re-iterating the discredited ‘gender pay gap’ lie also undermines your position, as does your failure to acknowledge that men pay 72% of personal taxes, while women pay only 28%. You conveniently ignore the vastly disproportionate sums paid to women in benefits and spent on women’s health and the fact that women, who live on average five years longer while currently still retiring five years earlier, draw far more in pensions, on average, than men, having paid far less for them.

            Further, within a cultural climate in which a leading scientist was sacked for an innocuous remark about female colleagues, and a respected solicitor shamed for a little misplaced flattery, no one can doubt that Mizz Bindel’s ‘joke’ would have been cause for outrage, hysterical protests and calls for a prosecution had an influential man expressed similar sentiments.

            I suspect that you’re allowed to comment here for your amusement value and the comments you provoke. You certainly add nothing other than opportunities for rebuttal and well deserved mockery to the discussion.

            Keep it up Toots, you’re a hoot.

        • Mr_Twister

          Like those Amazons eh?

          Where are they now?

    • William Gruff

      Nutjob_Kate / Tootswrote:

      Why don’t we … >insane and sexually offensive drivel deleted< … instead of [man] blaming?

      Why don’t we section mad women who think all men are rapist, eh Toots?

      • 5th column traitors

        The vast (and I mean vast) majority of western males know not to rape (as in force someone to have sex against their will) and indeed go their entire lives without doing anything remotely like that.

        Your fanatical rantings would make it seem as if you believe all males are rapist in waiting.

        • Fabian_Solutions

          Are you an MRA? Yes or no?

          • 5th column traitors

            I don’t even know what that is other than Magnetic Resonance Angiogram and I’m pretty sure I’m not of of those.

          • Fabian_Solutions

            Are you a “Men’s Rights Activist”? Yes or no?

          • 5th column traitors

            Humourless person aren’t you?

            No I’m not. Not that it would be anything to do with you if I was.

          • DollarPound

            I’m a Men’s Rights Activist. What are you going to make of it?

          • Mr_Twister

            I’m a GRE = Genes Rights Activist

            And you’re a ‘r’abbit ..Fatuous_Delusions

            Pah!

          • Fabian_Solutions

            Please explain what you mean by “genes rights”.

          • Mr_Twister

            No!

          • Mr_Twister

            No!

          • Mr_Twister

            Non!

          • Mr_Twister

            Hayir!

        • William Gruff

          5th column traitors wrote:

          Your fanatical rantings would make it seem as if you believe all males are rapist in waiting.

          I think that was meant for Nutjob_Kate / Toots and not me.

          • 5th column traitors

            Lol whoops yes sorry.

      • Mr_Twister

        http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMNj_r5bccUw40CpD-JYXJyVsDYsj7ITD

        Watch this Bill and then…Never waste another Pixel on “Fatuous_Delusions”

        She’s an
        ‘r’ Selected Gene Machine: Model: Human Female:Western European: IQ = <immeasurable!

        Your Time = Resources. ..
        Don't let her steal yours!

    • Mr_Twister

      Ello Toots.

  • Barry Sheridan

    Despite all the claims of a rape culture made by feminists, there is little evidence of it. Yes there are accusations aplenty, but as is realised by authority, most of these events are impossible to judge. Instead what we are experiencing now stems from the consequences of modern aggressive behaviours by both sexes. Gone are the restrained gentlemanly attitudes that men displayed towards women, the sort of giving up your seat for a lady and so on. As Margaret Thatcher recognised feminists rejected these courtesies and so now women must face what many would prefer not experience. This is not helped by feminists endlessly attempting to deny any form of culpability in any situation, which ironically is really a desire for past advantages foolishly surrendered. I doubt we will return to the mannered behaviours of the past, it has gone, we have all lost from this.

  • Terry

    The fundamental truth is that in a society where sex is kept between married couples, it becomes very clear much clearer whether sex is rape. You have a society where people sleep around more, the opportunities for the edges to be blurred are much greater.

  • Laura

    UK 2011- 2012 (rate have risen since)
    85000 women rapes recorded, 12,000 men (which would also include rape in prison)
    of those 15,670 were reported to police
    3864 succesful prosecutions
    35 false allegations. (The UK has high penalty law against false allegation, which has been raised by the UN as potentially affecting peoples human rights)

    (Source channel four)

    The Myths

    ‘Cry Rape’ Myth

    “Our figures show that the proportion of cases ending in jury acquittals has increased by 4.2 per cent over the past year. Myths and stereotypes still pervade throughout society and have the potential to influence jurors too”: CPS-police guide: The new guide may have been intended for police and lawyers. But it was aimed at tackling wider societal attitudes towards rape, that ends up impacting jurors.

    The EVAW coalition are keen to point out that there is still a tendency for the media to give column inches to women charged with false accusations of rape. In fact, a CPS review found that there were just 35 prosecutions from 2011 to 2012. But high-profile cases, and the reporting of them, contribute to misconceptions that the rate is far higher. This is turn influences juries, the way lawyers prosecute – and the willingness of victims to come forward.

    Delays In Court System

    Recent staff cuts of up to 25 per cent in the CPS, along with cuts to legal aid, have led to delays throughout the justice system. But when it comes to sex abuse cases overall, including rape, this can result in rape victims becoming discouraged, and eventually opting out.

    “In certain parts of the country, a court date can chop and change, and victims aren’t told until the last minute,” adds Ms Green. “That can lead to serious amount of attrition. It looks like someone changed her mind, or that it’s not true.”

    Last June, Judge Jeremy Gold QC criticised the CPS for failing to bring “basic paperwork” at the first day of a rape trial, eventually adjourning the trial to give them more time, adding: “There has been a lamentable failure by the CPS to prepare the case for trial.”

    The Myth That Rape is ‘Inherently’ Difficult to Prosecute

    Lack of forensic evidence is one stumbling point when it comes to rape cases, mainly because victims often take a long time to report the crime to the police – if they do at all.

    There are also a common theme in many sex abuse cases, including rape: the reluctance of the victim to report the crime because of the ripple effect it may have on their families – the victim and the accused may share mutual relatives and friends.

    But campaigners say that studies of international and UK-wide strategies suggest that localised policy and attitudes do have an impact on rates of conviction: that rape crimes are not inherently more difficult to prosecute than other crimes.

    Rape Crisis Centre UK

    Rape Crisis England & Wales headline statistics 2014-15:
    (Quote the 85000 reported statistic).
    They say three-quarters of all adult service users contacted Rape Crisis about sexual violence that occurred at least 12 months earlier (47% were adult survivors of child sexual abuse)

    Where age is known, those aged under 24 represented 25% of service users and 1,500 were aged 15 or under

    Where ethnicity is known, 23% of Rape Crisis services users were black or minority ethnic

    31% of young women aged 18-24 report having experienced sexual abuse in childhood (NSPCC, 2011)

    In 2012-13, 22,654 sexual offences against under-18s were reported to police in England and Wales with four out of five cases involving girls (NSPCC, 2014)

    Importing a Rape Culture – (different cultures have different standards)

    Cultural Marxism – wants to ignore ethnic minority violence ? – opinion including child rape problem in Pakistan.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYo1ewgG94M
    Egyptian gang rapes
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/03/opinion/burleigh-rapes-tahrir-square/
    Moslem rapes in Sweden
    https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/the-living-hell-for-swedish-women-5-muslims-commit-nearly-77-6-of-all-rape-crimes/
    No statistics are available for on campus rape committed by ethnic minorities .

    The history of Rape Law
    http://www.sascwr.org/files/www/resources_pdfs/legal/The_History_of_Rape_Laws.pdf

    • ThisIsTwentyFifteen

      “Myths and stereotypes still pervade throughout society and have the potential to influence jurors too.”

      I presume this doesn’t include any stereotypes about women being victims and men being perpetrators, does it? Because that has no influence on juries, of course.

      The definition of rape excludes the possibility that women can actually commit it, or any similarly serious sexual offence. And it classifies a man as a rapist even if both partners were too drunk to know what they were doing.

      You quote “31% of young women aged 18-24 report having experienced sexual abuse in childhood (NSPCC, 2011)”. Where is your figure for young boys? Unreported, because you don’t give a toss about them. And “everybody knows” that it’s all done by men anyway – no need to worry about that stereotype influencing anyone, is there?

      “In 2012-13, 22,654 sexual offences against under-18s were reported to police in England and Wales with four out of five cases involving girls (NSPCC, 2014)” You talk about how media reports can prevent victims from reporting offences, but you mention nothing about how the lack of men reporting sexual assaults by women might be influenced by exactly the same factor.

      According to the BBC:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32973997
      There has been a “68% rise in rape and penetrative offences recorded by the Met from 2005-6 to 2013-14”.

      A 68% increase in 8 years? Seriously? Why is it so easy for you to believe that men would be this evil, but so difficult for you to believe that women would misreport rape to any appreciable extent? Why are you not concerned about this stereotype?

      • 5th column traitors

        68% percent increase in 8 years? I can believe it but not because 68% more men are raping women, but because there are now a large number of imported people from a culture where rape is considered the done thing.

        • William Gruff

          It’s not just that falsely claiming to have been raped is becoming something of a fashion amongst women, there’s also the absurdly broad definition that is being given to the word rape by misandrous fanatics who see all heterosexual activity as rape, and the tendency to conflate verbal abuse (also now being given an absurdly broad definition) with physical assault.

          We’re moving from a position in which it was widely believed ‘a woman would never lie about a thing like that’ to one in which it is not unreasonable to suspect that she probably is.

          That’s some victory those feminists are winning for women.

      • Laura

        “Where is your figure for young boys? Unreported, because you don’t give a toss about them. And “everybody knows” that it’s all done by men anyway – no need to worry about that stereotype influencing anyone, is there?”

        In your own head I’m afraid, If you look at the top of the page you’ll see reported male rape nos are there, I picked off a few highlights from their main page which didn’t include boys because they simply were’nt included, but of course we all know boys are affected don’t we?, or maybe somebody carrying a chip has a problem with that.

        • William Gruff

          Laura wrote:

          ‘ … I picked off a few highlights from their main page which didn’t include boys because they simply were’nt (sic) included … ‘

          How women’s brains work?

    • William Gruff

      Laura wrote:

      >feminist drivel deleted for brevity<

      Another feminist nutjob joins the fray. Tally ho!

    • 5th column traitors

      “35 false allegations. (The UK has high penalty law against false allegation, which has been raised by the UN as potentially affecting peoples human rights)”

      How the hell can prosecuting someone severely for making false allegations affect their human rights!?!? Seriously (and I realise that this is not ever mentioned in feminist circles) false allegations OF ANYTHING are just as destructive to the victim as are being a victim of the actual crimes being alleged. People have committed suicide after being falsely accused of a crime. You say one rape is one rape too many (and indeed it is) well, one false allegation is also one too many.