The ConWom has its own comments moderation policy which is based on a mutual civility and good manners requirement. If you can’t say it politely, don’t say it at all! That is our guiding principle.
Whether you’re a new or a regular commenter to our site please note the following:
- If your comment does not immediately appear on the site after posting, it may have been flagged for review. There are a number of reasons why this can happen and we ask that you please bear that in mind before resubmitting the comment multiple times or contacting us about it.
- Swearing or use of any slurs we have on our blacklist will automatically flag a comment so it won’t appear on our site. Sometimes these words may be used as part of a good discussion and, if so, will be approved by a moderator if appropriate and when time permits.
Here are some things which will get your comment deleted:
- Personal attacks against another commenter or the writer of the post/website. This can run from name-calling to sentences which include the words ‘people like you’ or statements which begin ‘I bet you’re or ‘you must/probably be’ etc. This is regardless of what political leaning you have or what ‘side’ you are on.
- Inciting, prejudicial or intolerant language
Here are some things which will get your account banned:
- When such behaviour becomes a clear or vexatious pattern on the part of any individual commentator, or presents a particularly egregious example of one of those behaviours in one comment. For example, if your history of commenting on The ConWom site makes it seem as if you visit the site only to start fights or specifically to disagree with us whenever we publish a post involving our core themes and for no other reason, we will ban you. It is our site and it is at the editors’ discretion to ban anyone whom they determine to be a detriment to the atmosphere of the comments section, the site in general, and our regular readers.
- Using a Disqus account without a verified email address will automatically flag a comment.
- Sometimes things just get auto-flagged and we don’t know why. Sorry. And we will always do our best to rectify it.