TCW
Thursday, May 30, 2024
TCW
HomeReaders CommentsLetters to the Editor

Letters to the Editor

-

PLEASE send your letters (as short as you like) to info@conservativewoman.co.uk and mark them ‘for possible publication’. We need your name and if possible, a county address, eg Yorkshire or London. We will include biographical details if you volunteer them. Letters may be shortened.

***

Who is going to talk to Mother Nature?

 Dear Editor

Let us assume that the climate deniers are wrong and that Climate Armageddon is looming just over the horizon. Perhaps the UK Committee on Climate Change and the tens of thousands employed in the UK climate industry could provide global solutions since the greenhouse gases emitted by the UK is a minuscule 1.13 per cent. How do we reduce the greenhouse gases being created by the 8billion people on our planet today, up from 2.5billion in 1950 and growing to 9.8billion in 2050?  Millions of tons of greenhouse gases are created manufacturing arms, rockets, tanks and armoured vehicles. Even more are created in rebuilding destroyed infrastructure. Could someone please speak to Mother Nature and tell her to stop her tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, tornadoes, thunderstorms, flooding and landslides all destroying homes, buildings and infrastructure? Surely climate scientists, who tell us what the climate will be in 50 years’ time, if we do not repent, can calculate the emissions created by every additional million people, wars and Mother Nature. Many suspect that the climate industry does not want us to know the answers.

Clark Cross

Linlithgow

***

Where is the electricity to come from?

This is a letter a reader wrote to the Daily Telegraph.

Dear Editor 

The Telegraph Business reports what has been evident to many of us for some time, that a huge gap is emerging between grid supply and consumer demand. 

To recap: the government plans to have 300,000 EV charging points on the UK’s strategic road network by the early 2030s, probably rated at 100kW each, plus millions of heat pumps, adding around 80 per cent to the current maximum grid demand.

The gap might be filled i) by around 80 x 0.5GW SMRs (Small Modular Reactors) or ii) by around 200GW of wind farms, with an average 30 per cent of name plate power capacity – plus energy storage – to provide the other 70 per cent of energy.

Plans are currently in hand for only 50GW of wind farms, fewer than ten SMRs and 10GW of H2 production by the early 2030s. No wonder the PM wants to see an increase in numerical skills.

Roger J Arthur

W Sussex

***

How to get Prince Harry back

Dear Editor

I couldn’t stop thinking about Prince Harry during the Coronation – not that King Charles III would be happy to hear that. 

In any case, I decided that the easiest way to get him back into the fold and for this charade to stop, is for the King to disown and disinherit him completely. Meghan would surely leave him instantly – after all, we all know what she’s after – and he’d come running back. 


Michael Bowie

Lincs

***

Dear Editor

I loved the articles by Dr Malik  – I believe we should, as a profession, recommit to the Hippocratic Oath.

Not every doctor has taken this and we should!

Here’s my updated Oath which would have helped stop the abuses of recent years – the putting of money before patients etc . . .

This version comes from my paper which you can see here. 


Professor Ben Green

If you appreciated this article, perhaps you might consider making a donation to The Conservative Woman. Unlike most other websites, we receive no independent funding. Our editors are unpaid and work entirely voluntarily as do the majority of our contributors but there are inevitable costs associated with running a website. We depend on our readers to help us, either with regular or one-off payments. You can donate here. Thank you.
If you have not already signed up to a daily email alert of new articles please do so. It is here and free! Thank you.

Sign up for TCW Daily

Each morning we send The ConWom Daily with links to our latest news. This is a free service and we will never share your details.