In response to Bel Mooney: Unlike these readers cowed by Covid, I’ll stand up to the Rule of Six bullies, Politically_Incorrect wrote:
One has to wonder how this country would have responded to a real plague along the lines of the Black Death?
(1) Massive hysteria. The media would be apoplectic, immediately exile all its staff to a safe place, leaving one lone voice to tell us it was all our own fault for meeting in sevens instead of sixes;
(2) Government would ‘operate’ (continue to fumble in the dark) in exile but would leave the military to shoot the sick, bomb care homes and hospitals (including occupants);
(3) Extensive looting, violence (including retribution against snitchers);
(4) Piers Morgan would spontaneously combust;
(5) Extensive flooding due to widespread snowflake meltdown.