Thursday, April 25, 2024
HomeReaders CommentsReaders’ comments: A trillion-pound load of hot air

Readers’ comments: A trillion-pound load of hot air


In response to Andrew Cadman: A Tale of Two Addictions,

lojolondon wrote:

Great article, but allow me to correct you: ‘Britain, accounting for just 1-2 per cent of global emissions, cannot hope to affect matters’.
‘Natural causes’ produce around 96 per cent of carbon globally, leaving man to produce only around 4 per cent. Of that 4 per cent, the UK produces around 3.6 per cent of man-made carbon. So the UK produces 0.014 per cent of all the CO2 in the world. Nothing, in other words.

So even if you think that CO2 is bad, warming is bad, CO2 causes warming, etc, you can see that blowing a trillion pounds on making no difference at all is a very bad idea.

English Outsider wrote:

Speaking as a committed eco-freak, I found your article one of the few sensible articles on the subject I’ve seen around.

The Greens were my standard protest vote for ages but they’ve gone myopic and just a little loopy. I too am unable to see why we should have de-industrialised in order to let the Far East do our polluting for us.

‘Beyond Brexit, plainly another battle on the way we are governed must be had, if we are ever to return our country to some form of sanity.’ That, as much as Brexit itself, is what our current losers in the House of Commons are scared of.

Toby wrote:

The Conservatives have been playing the virtue signalling card at least since Cameron took over.

The result is a chaotic mess of interventionist policies, all of which impoverish productive people and enrich parasites.

The climate change hoax is probably the worst of them, but the field is a crowded one.

If you appreciated this article, perhaps you might consider making a donation to The Conservative Woman. Unlike most other websites, we receive no independent funding. Our editors are unpaid and work entirely voluntarily as do the majority of our contributors but there are inevitable costs associated with running a website. We depend on our readers to help us, either with regular or one-off payments. You can donate here. Thank you.
If you have not already signed up to a daily email alert of new articles please do so. It is here and free! Thank you.

Sign up for TCW Daily

Each morning we send The ConWom Daily with links to our latest news. This is a free service and we will never share your details.