A DRAFT of the Conservative Party’s manifesto for the European elections has come to light. It proposes that the UK should play a strong role in European affairs in the coming years.
‘Being currently in a minority of one, Britain has been bullied by the EU27 over the last two and three-quarter years into accepting punitive terms of withdrawal amounting to vassalage with all control remaining with the EU27 and Britain utterly under its thumb. This is completely unacceptable.
‘It is time to turn the tables and take the fight to the EU27. Britain will fight for its interests from within at the very highest levels of the EU27 government: the European Council, the European Court of Justice, the EU Commission and the EU Parliament. As an equal partner, the UK’s Conservatives will be a powerful voice for freedom, democracy, justice, fairness, and the rule of EU law. The Conservatives will overturn this humiliation our government has been bullied into accepting despite the heroic efforts of our leader, Theresa May.
‘Here are just some of the measures the EU27 plan for the next five years of the new EU Commission following the elections in May. If Britain is forced to accept this surrender, much of this would be imposed on us. From within the EU, your Conservatives can prevent them from proceeding for the benefit not only of ourselves but of all our friends and allies in Europe.
· Removal of UK’s and other rebates.
· Uniform corporate and personal taxation.
· Uniform regulation of financial services.
· Budgetary supervision by an EU treasury.
· Removal of all opt-outs from Union treaties, including the Euro and Schengen.
· Mandatory migrant quotas.
· EU Jurisprudence.
· Primacy of EU Foreign, Defence and Security Policies over national policies.
· Formalised EU armed forces, defence operational and procurement structures.
· Extension of the EU Gendarmerie (Armed police) throughout the EU.
· Removal or time limiting of Article 50.
· Other transfers of competencies from member states to the EU, ie further losses of sovereignty, further hollowing out of UK’s capacity for self-government.
‘Vote Conservative to reject surrender and win independence for the United Kingdom from within the EU.’
Please send your alternative Conservative Party manifestos to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will judge and publish the wittiest and most imaginative. Peter Gardner promises a bottle of bubbly to the winner.