THE government is inviting members of the public to ‘nominate someone who lives in the UK for a national honour for their contribution to the response to the coronavirus crisis’.
The government website suggests such contributions could be:
· Front-line work supporting the most vulnerable members of society and those who have caught Covid-19
· providing critical care to Covid-19 patients
· developing innovations to support the vulnerable and those with Covid-19
· going to extraordinary lengths to keep critical services going
· volunteering in the community or for service organisations in support of those affected by Covid-19
We wonder if readers have ideas for other categories of ‘response to the coronavirus crisis’ which might be deserving of some sort of recognition.
Feel free to discuss this or anything else on your mind.